Open Source Projects Involving Us
One or more of Haxx consultants are involved in these projects:
- Rockbox - We started the project dec 2001 and are still in the core development team. Rockbox is a very capable firmware replacement mainly for hard disk based music (mp3 etc) players.
- cURL - Started the project in 1998, and still leads it and do the main development. A command line tool and development library for transfers using the primary internet procols like HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS and more.
- Subversion - Nowadays we mostly host the mail archive at svn.haxx.se. A version control system.
- c-ares - Initiated the fork from the ares project in 2004 and Haxx is now project maintainer. An asynchronous portable name resolving library.
- libssh2 is the quite possibly most powerful and capable open source development library for SSH2 communication and transfers (including SCP and SFTP).
- trio - Co-started the project . Portable and powerful printf() clones and more.
- roffit - Started and maintains the project. Nroff (man page format) to HTML converter.
Of course, we are also used to and very good at using and modifying other existing open source software to be used as parts or in whole in systems we design and build.
To mention a few open source products we've been using a lot and have lots of experience with: Linux, gcc, gdb, emacs, perl, Apache, BIND, Sendmail, wget, busybox, u-boot, cvs, GNU make, OpenSSL, OpenSSH, GnuTLS, GPG, libz, Qt etc.